Hello there, Welcome to our site! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to our RSS Feed. Our Mission is to connect a community of like minded individuals seeking to educate and share their passions about MonaVie, Dreams, and Destinations.



Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ed's RVL - Day 7

Well, its day 7 today. As of this day, I have lost 6 pounds still. What Happened? I'll tell ya.
If you are following this blog, I mentioned last Friday that the weekend was coming. I predicted that I might have a hard time keeping to my plan(should not have put such negative thoughts in my head--BAD) as the weekends are full of activities around our house. True to form we had 2 EXTRA kids sleep over on Friday Night, only 3 extra on Saturday night(on top of my existing 4--in case you don't know). Then on Sunday, we entertained another couple with their 4 kids, plus our 4 and 3 that stayed the night plus 3 kids from the neighborhood. I cooked up 8 brats, 12 hamburgers and 10 or so hot dogs. Now who could possibly cook that much food and not partake. Come on, I am human and not a ROBOT. So my dirty deeds this weekend consisted of--too much pizza on Saturday night. On Saturday morning, I ate, a bagel(chocolate chip, I might add) with 3 different flavors of cream cheese. On Saturday for lunch,I did eat a brat and some potato salad and I had two coronas and 1 pumpkin cookie. . For Dinner on Sunday, I ate 4-6 ounzes of a Ribeye Steak (that had been marinating for 3 days--who wouldn't) and lots of asparagus(drenched in butter of-course).
Now, keeping in mind I know how I am. On Sunday, before the cook out, I did go for a Sunday jog and ran farther then I think I ever have in my life. I ran just over 4 miles. (for me that's a mega, double marathon). Now during that run, was I talking to myself alot? Was I kicking myself in the butt, was I yelling at myself, was I psyching myself out, was I a crazy man, the answer is YES, YES, YES and YES 10 more times. I am determined more then ever to get this done. Honestly, the support I have of my family, the accountability I have to my friends also doing this with me (Troy Hicks in Flowery Branch Georgia--has lost 10 lbs already (first week) and Kimberly Payano in Ft. Myers (also lost about 10 lbs in her first week). On top of that, I know what this will mean for my health and what this will mean for our business. I WILL get this done and I am HAPPY as can be that I am doing it.
I ran again this a.m., I ran(jogged) for 25 minutes but then I do a sprint jog, combination for the last .75 miles down our street. I will run as hard as I can for 30 seconds, then walk for 45 seconds, and alternate all the way down our street. It takes me about 6 minutes. My understanding is that this alternation in heart beat is what gets you in shape. Just running the same speed for miles and miles does not tend to do as much for you as running in intervals.
Well that is it for now. I plan on losing as least another 5 lbs. this week. I WILL DO IT!!!
 
Ed Aristizabal

1 comments:

Nicole Flothe said...

Awesome report Ed. Keep us updated as your journey is our journey! Looking forward to Nov. 2nd to order our delicious Chocolate Shakes. I had someone say to me once that I should use the word release when talking about getting my perfect weight. I would encourage you to use that word when you can instead of lose. As they said when you lose something what do we normally do but try and find it. I know you will be a success as you already are! You have the full support of all of us.
Hugs!