Hello there, Welcome to our site! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to our RSS Feed. Our Mission is to connect a community of like minded individuals seeking to educate and share their passions about MonaVie, Dreams, and Destinations.



Friday, October 22, 2010

Solid Root Structure - Part 3 of 3

This is Part 3 of 3 of Brian Klemmer's Eating the Elephant Leadership Lesson 7. (See Part 1 & 2 Below) This lesson is very timely for MonaVie Diamond Runners!!! MonaVie is about to launch into the $50Billion a year Weight Management Industry! If you have a solid root structure in place for your MonaVie business- ie. you have identified the key people in your organization, established solid relationships, are reading the books on personal development & listening to the positive motivation, are attending the functions to build your belief system, etc. Then you will be ready for 2011!! Make the Decision today to prepare yourself for success! Shelly




Action Step #1
If your income suddenly became 10 times what it is now, what would you need to know to handle that increase? (RVL)!!!!

What would you need to know to profitably invest that much money? What resources would you need to protect that much money? Now, develop a study program to learn those things.
An Example

As I was building my own financial portfolio, I sold a piece of property and made a $143,000 profit. At the time, this was a lot of money to me. My financial advisor (a friend who remains a friend, but no longer an advisor) told me I would either pay the tax now or pay it later, so I might as well pay it now.

Because I had not developed a financial root structure, I promptly turned approximately $65,000 over to the government. I learned my lessons "after" I should have and it was an "expensive" lesson.

If I had been doing my studying, I would have known the right questions to ask and would have sought alternatives that would have reduced that tax amount to about $5,000!

The time for you to learn about taxes and investing is "before" you make the money, not after.

Some people say, "I don't want to know about that financial stuff; I just want to do my business." Then they will always be victim to the people who know the game of money.

You do not have to be "the expert" in area, but you do have to have the fundamental knowledge and continually upgrade what you know.
Action Step #2
Ask yourself: who do I want to be around and associating with in five years and who do I know who knows them that I can network with?

Take a step this week to get to know someone who knows who you want to know. Spend time building your network of people that will get you to the people you want to be around in five years. Work on your willingness to have them in your network even sooner.
Build a Rolodex of successful people. Never let a month go by where you have not added at least one super achiever to your file of friends and associates.
List your top three business partnerships. This is your root structure. List one thing you are doing to develop your relationship with each one of your partners.

Now list three new people who you have not spent much time with who will be future partners. What can you do to increase the value of your relationship? You must grow the roots wide and deep to grow a 90' bamboo tree.
"Ninety-nine percent of who you are is invisible and untouchable."

--R. Buckminster Fuller

0 comments: